Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Video Reflections 5

I really enjoyed this video. The internet can be a useful tool, but can remove us from the real world. I like the internet for some aspects, but ultimately it is a form of instant gratification. The internet makes us lazy people. Instead of doing the research ourselves, we borrow the works of others. Many people loose their true identity in the realm of the web world. I am a big fan of skype and it's ability to allow us to communicate through video with people across the world. Email is something I check several times a day. I communicate with my professors, co-workers, and family members via email. Unfortunately, I receive about ten times more spam than I do emails. I am guilty of using facebook as well. I talk to my friends over facebook chat and keep up with people I haven't seen since high school. I utilize the internet a lot in college, even if it is for procrastination (facebook). My fear is that we will loose our abilities to think and act creatively by borrowing the works of others.

No comments:

Post a Comment